Seven Tigers Named All-Stark County; Owens is MVP
WHBC recently announced its all-county team and six Tigers received honors. The group was selected by vote of the area coaches. Da’One Owens was also named MVP.
The Massillon all-county players include Nolan Davenport and Dorian Pringle, repeat honorees from 2022, and first-timers Chase Bond, Tyler Hackenbracht, Brady Jones and Mike Wright Jr. Three seniors and three juniors. Massillon Head Coach Nate Moore was very proud to acknowledge these players at the Booster Club meeting. It is unfortunate that just six from Massillon received this honor, since at least ten others off this national Top 15 team deserve recognition.
- Da’One Owens – Senior quarterback (6′-1″, 200). Has completed 82 of 135 passes (61%) for 1,322 passes and 16 touchdowns. Leads the team in rushing with 90 attempts for 874 yards (9.7 ave.) and 12 TDs. Passed for 277 yards and 3 TDs against Warren Harding and 341 yards and 4 TDs vs. Grove City Central Crossing. Rushed for 241 yards and two TDs against Valdosta, GA, 134 yards and 1 TD against Austintown Fitch and 130 yards and 2 TDs against Mansfield.
- Chase Bond – Senior defensive lineman (6-4, 245). 2-year starter. 11.5 tackle points. 5.0 tackles-for-loss. 2.5 quarterback sacks. Committed to North Carolina State.
- Nolan Davenport – Junior offensive lineman (6’-6”, 260). Played tight end last year, earning all-county honors. Moved to tackle due to loss of an injured lineman. Instrumental in helping the offense average 228 yards rushing per game and 6.5 yards per attempt. Has received several Division 1 offers.
- Tyler Hackenbracht – Junior defensive safety (6’-2”, 195). Lost sophomore year due to an injury. 18.0 tackle points. Two pass interceptions returned for 29 yards and one touchdown. Eight pass breakups.
- Brady Jones – Senior offensive lineman (6’-3” 245). 2-year starter. Plays center. Instrumental in helping the offense average 228 yards rushing per game and 6.5 yards per attempt.
- Dorian Pringle – Senior inside linebacker and running back (6’-0”, 215). 2-year starter. Leads the team in tackles with 50.5 tackle points, 21.5 tackles-for-loss, 114 lost yards, 8.0 quarterback sacks and 73 lost yards. Recovered two fumbles. Blocked a kick. Recorded 8.5 tackle points in the victory over Lakewood St. Edward. Rushed 50 times for 246 yards (4.9 ave.) and 12 touchdowns. Rushed six times for 54 yards (9.0 ave.) against Canton McKinley. Leading scorer with 64 points. Several Division 1 offers.
- Mike Wright Jr. – Junior defensive lineman (5’-10”, 280). 2-year starter. 19.0 tackle points. 11.0 tackles-for-loss. 80 lost yards. 7.5 quarterback sacks. 61.5 lost yards. Two pass breakups. Had a monster game against McKinley with 3.0 quarterback sacks (No. 2 single game all-time; No. 1 single-game all-time vs. McKinley).
Chase Bond, Nolen Davenport, Tyler Hackenbracht, Brady Jones, Dorian Pringle and MIke Wright Jr.