The Ohio Prep Sportswriters Association (OPSWA) has released its Northeast Inland District All-Star Team for Division II. Fifteen Massillon players are included, with special recognition going to Austin Brawley, who was named Co-Defensive Player of the Year. Massillon finished the 2021 season with an 11-3 record and was runner-up in the playoff regional championship game.
The honorees are as follows:
- Jaiden Woods – Senior offensive lineman. Helped his team rush for 5.6 yards per carry, which is ranked 5th among all spread offense teams and 15th among all Massillon teams.
- Marcus Moore – Junior defensive lineman. Recorded 31.5 tackle points, including 19 solos and 25 assists. Also had 10.5 tackles for loss with 2.0 quarterback sacks. Also intercepted a pass against Wooster and returned it 53 yards, nearly for a touchdown.
- Riley Campbell – Senior defensive lineman. Recorded 46.0 tackle points, including 31 solos and 30 assists. Also had 10.0 tackles for loss and a team leading 4.5 quarterback sacks.
- Nate Depuy – Senior linebacker. Third on the team with 65.5 tackle points, including 44 solos and 43 assists. Also had a team leading 11.0 tackles for loss with 1.5 quarterback sacks. Recovered 6 fumbles.
- Austin Brawley – Senior defensive back. Second on the team with 72.5 tackle points, including 57 solos and 31 assists. Also had 1.0 tackles for loss, two pass interceptions, four pass breakups and one fumble recovery. Blocked 7 kicks and returned 4 kicks for touchdowns.
- Freddie Lenix Jr. – Junior running back. Assumed the starting job against Canton McKinley and ended up rushing 102 times for 778 yards (7.6/att.) and 9 touchdowns. Longest run was 84 yards against Westerville South.
- Te’Jamere Nash – Senior offensive lineman. A primary backup in 2020, he became an immediate starter in 2022.
- Shane Rue – Senior kicker. Converted 46 of 47 extra points and 8 of 12 field goals, including a long of 42 yards. Kicked off 70 times, averaging 53.9 yards per kick, with 17 touchbacks. Punted 8 times, averaging 36.1 yards per punt with 5 inside the 20.
- Camden Beasley – Senior linebacker. Recorded 53.0 tackle points, including 41 solos and 24 assists. Also had 6.0 tackles for loss and 42.0 quarterback sacks. Intercepted two passes and broke up 14 others.
- Ryan Zentkovich – Senior defensive back. Led the team with 74.0 tackle points, including 58 solos and 32 assists. Also had 3.0 tackles for loss and two pass interceptions. Forced 3 fumbles.
- Jalen Slaughter – Freshman quarterback. Became the starting QB in Week 6. Completed 89 of 152 passes for 1,384 yards and 16 touchdowns against 9 interceptions. Efficiency rating was 157.9, ranked 8th all time.
- Sam Snodgrass – Sophomore offensive lineman. Became the starting center in Week 4.
- Michael Wright, Jr. – Freshman defensive lineman. Recorded 18.5 tackle points, including 11 solos and 15 assists. Also had 4.0 tackles for loss and 2.5 quarterback sacks. One fumble recovery.
- Ardell Banks – Junior wide receiver. Led the team with 44 pass receptions for 733 yards (16.7/rec.) and 8 touchdowns. Longest catch was 64 yards against Big Walnut.
- Nate Watkins – Senior linebacker. Recorded 28.5 tackle points, including 24 solos and 9 assists. Also had 8.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 quarterback sacks.