Former Massillon player and current Mount Union defensive back Kordell Ford was recently named Division 3 1st Team Collegiate All-American by the Associated Press. The 5′-10″, 190 lb. Ford, who majors in Sports Business, had a productive junior year in helping his team to an 11-1 record and a birth in the post-season playoffs. For the season, he recorded 53.0 tackle points, two quarterback sacks and a pass interception, including a season-best eight tackles against Heidelberg. In addition to his All-American status, Ford was named to the All-Ohio Athletic Conference first team and recognized as the OAC’s top defensive back. He has also been nominated for the Cliff Harris Award as the top small college defensive player in the country. In his previous two years, Kordell was credited with 56 tackles, including 4.5 tackles for loss, a quarterback sack and a fumble recovery.
At Massillon, the 2017 graduate played varsity ball extensively for three season, first under Jason Hall and then Nate Moore, lining up at both running back and defensive back. As a senior, he was a team co-captain and named to both the All-County and All-District teams. His stats were as follows:
- Sophomore – 1 carry for 28 yards; 6 pass receptions for 66 yards and 1 TD; 3 solo tackles and 1 assist.
- Junior – 2nd on the team in tackles; 35 solos and 37 assists; 4 pass interceptions.
- Senior – 55 carries for 208 yards and 2 TDs; 4 pass receptions for 63 yards; 1st on the team in tackles; 40 solos, 26 assists, 3 tackles for loss, 2 pass interceptions returned for 77 yards and 1 TD TD; 8 punt returns for 68 yards; 10 kick returns for 182 yards
Kordell is the son of Charles and Jodi Ford.
- Quarterback — Broc Rutter, senior, North Central (Ill.).
- Running backs — Robert Shufford, junior, Birmingham-Southern; Ethan Greenfield, sophomore, North Central (Ill.).
- Linemen — Sharmore Clarke, junior, North Central (Ill.); Quinn Meinerz, junior, Wisconsin-Whitewater; Nic Vetter, senior, Wartburg; Sean Sherman, senior, Mount Union; Dan Greenheck, senior, St. John’s.
- Tight end — Ryan Curtiss, senior, Muhlenberg.
- Receivers — Andrew Kamienski, junior, North Central (Ill.); Justin Hill, senior, Mount Union.
- All-purpose player — Willie Julkes III, senior, Concordia-Moorhead.
- Kicker — Anthony Avila, sophomore, Mary Hardin-Baylor.
- Linemen — Frankie Feaster, senior, Muhlenberg; Dallas McRae, senior, Wheaton (Ill.); Joey Longoria, senior, Mary Hardin-Baylor; Michael Nobile, sophomore, Delaware Valley.
- Linebackers — Scottie Bobeck, senior, Benedictine; Dante Capozzoli, junior, Kean; Anton Clark, senior, East Texas Baptist.
- Secondary — Jeff Hector, senior, Redlands; Spencer Rowland, senior, Wheaton (Ill.); Jake Beesley, junior, North Central (Ill.); Kordell Ford, junior, Mount Union.
- Punter — Zach Warcola, senior, College of New Jersey.
- Quarterback — Jackson Erdmann, senior, St.John’s.
- Running backs — Alex Minton, senior, Denison; Wesley Schools, senior, Grove City.
- Linemen — Ben Bartch, senior, St. John’s; Joe Krall, senior, Monmouth (Ill.); Tyler Norwood, senior, Salisbury; Ryan Malarkey, senior, Muhlenberg; Steven Sellers, junior, Mary Hardin-Baylor.
- Tight end — Dan Allen, senior, Delaware Valley.
- Receivers — Ruhann Peele, senior, Wesley (Del.); Ravi Alston, sophomore, St. John’s; Samuel Staehling, senior, St. Norbert.
- All-purpose player — Brock Martin, sophomore, Ohio Northern.
- Kicker — Jaydon Haaq, sophomore, Wisconsin-Oshkosh.
- Linemen — Jordan McInerney, senior, Lake Forest; Danny Pietruszewski, junior, St. John’s; Tim Ousley, senior, Muskingum; Mike Williams, senior, Washington & Jefferson.
- Linebackers — Mason Dekker, senior, Hope; Emmet Forde, junior, Hobart; Nick Garone, senior, Ithaca.
- Secondary — Peyton Haynes, senior, LaGrange; Blaze Barista, senior, Dubuque; Danial Shelton, senior, Susquehanna; Tramon Wiley, junior, Heidelberg.
- Punter — Alex Berg, senior, Concordia-Moorhead.