The awards keep mounting for Massillon running back Jamir Thomas. He was recently named by the Associated Press as the Offensive Player of the Year for the Northeast Inland District. The 6′-1″, 211 lb. senior ball carrier has led his team to a 12-0 record and a spot in this weekend’s regional finals against Wadsworth. For the year Thomas has rushed 233 times for 1,738 yards and 22 touchdowns, an average of 7.5 yards per carry. He is just 238 yards shy of breaking Travis McGuire’s single-season rushing total of 1,978 yards. He already holds career marks for yards rushing, rushing attempts, rushing touchdowns and total touchdowns. And he is within reach of the career records for all-purpose yards and total points scored.
Tiger Head Coach Nate Moore was named District Coach of the Year.
Other Massillon players receiving awards include:
- Dean Clark – defensive back
- Kyshad Mack – linebacker
- Tre’von Morgan – wide receiver
- Max Turner – defensive back
- Deon Williams – offensive line
- Justin Gaddis – offensive line
- Aidan Longwell – quarterback
- Kameron Simpson – linebacker
- Hunter Wantz – defensive line
- Jayden Ballard – wide receiver
- Tyree Broyles – defensive back
- Benjamin Krichbaum – linebacker
- Jory Mattox – offensive line
Congratulations to all of these deserving Tigers.