Massillontigers.com is designed to offer to the general public current sports reporting as it relates to the Massillon Washington High School Tigers football program. In addition, the site is tasked with gathering and maintaining the long history of this legendary program. The overriding theme is the combination of a sports magazine and a comprehensive media guide, similar to that produced by a Division 1 college program. As such, it is solely content-driven and does not support any social media capacity.
The site is maintained and updated continuously by volunteers allied with the Massillon Tigers Football Booster Club, with an underlying goal of promoting the positive aspects of the football program and the Club. The Booster Club holds ownership of all content.
The site also maintains a relationship with the Massillon Museum, which houses reference documents, official game statistics and newsprint related to past seasons, players and coaches, plus historical game films, which have been amassed by the Booster Club throughout the years.
The home page presents the latest Massillon football news and a menu for accessing the site content. The menu has been designed for optimal accessibility of information and appears at the top of each website page. The general contents of the menu categories are as follows:
- General Topics – Miscellaneous topics such as the program football program overview and game-day information.
- Tickets & Streaming – Links (WHS & OHSAA) to purchase tickets for regular season and playoff games; links (WHS & OHSAA) to video stream regular season and playoff games.
- Memberships – Become a member of the Grandaddy of All High School Football Booster Clubs.
- Current Season – Rosters, photos and schedules / scores for each game (varsity, JV, freshmen and middle school), plus playoff information.
- History – Detailed review of each season dating back to 1891, including game schedule and scores, game stories, game and season statistics, links to YouTube game videos, player and team records, championships, past head coaches, notable players, the rivalry with Canton McKinley, and historical accounts.
- Facilities – Photos and details of each venue associated with the football program
- Support Organizations – Details of the various booster clubs.